Below are instructions for how to help your children ‘Turn In’ their work on Google Classroom. Most of the children have demonstrated their ability to do this successfully so I am confident that there won’t be any real issues!
Instructions for turning in work on Google Classroom:
- Sign In to Google with your Google Account.
- Go to Google Classroom and click on the assignment set by your teacher.
- To open the assigned file where you will need to type your work, e.g. Google Docs, click the thumbnail with your name on it under ‘Your Work’ which will be on the right of the screen.
- This will open up the document your teacher would like you to write your work on. DO NOT WRITE YOUR WORK IN THE COMMENTS BOX.
- When you are finished, click ‘Turn In’ icon which is on the top right of the screen. NOTE: On some computers or devices, a box will pop up where you have to confirm this by clicking ‘Turn In’ again. If you do not do this then your teacher will be able to see your work but will be unable to comment at the bottom and return it to you.
If for whatever reason I do not see your child’s work then I will send them a private message and we will figure out another way that they can get it to me.
Work will be set on a Monday morning by 10am and it will consist of 2 English, 2 Maths and 2 other tasks. These six tasks are to be completed throughout the week and ‘turned in’ to me by Friday at 3:15pm. This way there is less pressure to complete each task on a certain day. If there are any questions about the work set then children can send me a private comment and I will respond ASAP.
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org I will be available to respond to your questions Monday to Friday between 8:45am and 3:15pm so please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything you are unsure of.
This will be an unusual time for us all but I very much look forward to keeping in touch with the children through Google Classroom. Even more than that I’ll look forward to seeing them all again, hopefully sooner rather than later!