This week I have chosen The Olympics as the theme for the quiz, not having set a sports based theme up until now. All of the questions relation to gold medal winners for Great Britain.
Good luck, the answers will be posted on Monday.
- When and where did Steve Redgrave win his first Olympic gold medal?
- When Jessica Ennis won her heptathlon gold in 2012, she achieved personal bests in three of the seven events. Two of these were the javelin and the 200 metres. Which other event did she achieve a personal best in?
- Which member of the successful British women’s hockey team in 2016 played her club hockey at St Albans and visited Skyswood, showing us her gold medal?
- Who, in 1992, became the first British cyclist to win a cycling gold since Thomas Lance and Harry Ryan won the gold in the 1920 tandem?
- Also at the 1920 Antwerp Olympic Games; Edwin, Ernest, George, Harry, James, John and two Fredericks won a gold for Great Britain, but in which event?
- In 1992, Linford Christie won the gold for Great Britain in the 100 metres. This was twelve years after which other British athlete had won Olympic gold in this event?
- Which cyclist won three gold medals for Great Britain at the 2016 Olympics?
- In which sport did Jade Jones win Olympic gold in London, 2012?
- In which two events did Max Whitlock win Britain’s first ever gymnastics gold medals in 2016?
- Who partnered Helen Glover in winning Britain’s very first London 2012 Olympic gold in the Women’s Coxless Pairs?
- Which British Olympic gold medallist was the flag bearer at the opening ceremony of the 2016 Olympics in Rio?
- In which class did Ben Ainsley win his sailing gold medal at the London Olympics, 2012?