- Dr Who was first screened in the early sixties. Who played the part of the very first Doctor?
- 2. Geoff Hurst famously scored a hat-trick when England won the World Cup in 1966, but who scored the other goal in England’s 4-2 victory over West Germany?
- 3. The first moon landing was on July 20th 1969. How long did it take Apollo 11 to get to the moon?
Four days, 6 hours and 45 minutes.
- 4. Just two days before the moon landing, something important was delivered to Skyswood. What was that?
Our original Music Hut.
- 5. The Beatles first came to fame in the 1960s. What was the name of their first Number One hit in the UK, which reached Number One in May 1963?
From Me to You
- 6. Who gave one of the most powerful speeches in history on Skyswood’s third birthday, in 1963?
Martin Luther King
- 7. The first James Bond film was released in 1962. What was it called?
- 8. Which famous Pop Artist painted Marilyn Monroe in the early sixties?
- 9. A sixties riddle:
I wasn’t there until 1965
I was introduced to keep people alive,
I was seventy then and I’m seventy still
And if I get broken you could get a bill!
What am I?
Speed Limit on the Motorway
- 10. Roald Dahl published his first children’s book in 1961. What was the title of the book?
James and the Giant Peach
- 11. Harold MacMillan was Britain’s Prime Minister at the start of the Sixties, but who was Britain’s Prime Minister at the end of the Sixties?
- 12. Donald Campbell broke the land speed record in 1964, recording a speed of 429 miles per hour. What was the name of the gas turbine powered vehicle that he broke this record in?
Bluebird Proteus CN7 (or The Bluebird)