|Ziggy||African||6,350 kg||3.1 metres|
|Topsy||Asian||4,990 kg||2.7 metres|
|Tusko||Indian||4,535 kg||2.9 metres|
|Roxy||Sri Lankan||5,440 kg||2.6 metres|
|Cleopatra||Sumatran||3,650 kg||2.2 metres|
- Which is the heaviest elephant? Roxy (Sri Lankan)
- Which elephant is 30 cms shorter than 3 metres? Topsy (Asian)
- Which TWO elephants weigh a total of 10,000 kgs?
Ziggy and Cleopatra
- Which TWO elephants have a total height of 6 metres? Ziggy and Tusko
Elmer is a patchwork elephant. All in all he has 8 white, 9 purple, 10, orange, 10 black, 11 pink, 12 blue, 13 yellow, 14 green and 17 red patches.
- How many of Elmer’s patches are either black or white? 18
- How many of Elmer’s patches are primary colours? 42
- How many more red patches has Elmer got than orange? 7
- If he lies in the sun, Elmer’s pink patches will turn red! How many red patches will he end up with if he spends the day sunbathing?
- How many patches has Elmer got altogether? 104
- What fraction of Elmer’s patches are orange?
- Ten, hundred and fourths
Waterstones have a themed sale of elephant stories. Here are the eight best sellers on the day;
|Book||Author||Price||Number of copies sold|
|The Fifth Elephant||Terry Pratchett||£7.50||12|
|Elmer’s Special Day||David McKee||£6.00||11|
|Elmer’s Colours||David McKee||£6.00||10|
|The Elephant Whisperer||Lawrence Anthony||£10.00||10|
|Hannah’s Dreams||Diane Hammond||£8.50||8|
|Elmer and the Monsters||David McKee||£6.00||7|
|Silent Thunder||Katy Payne||£12.00||4|
|An Elephant in my Kitchen||Francoise Malby-Anthony||£15.00||3|
- How many of the three top selling Elmer books were sold altogether? 28
- Which book had sales to the total value of £100?
The Elephant Whisperer
- James bought The Fifth Elephant and Silent Thunder. How much change did he get from £20?
- Rebecca spent exactly £22 on two books, Which two books did she buy?
The Elephant Whisperer and Silent Thunder
- Mrs Smith bought two copies of Hannah’s Dreams and a copy of the Fifth Elephant. How much did she spend altogether?
- Mrs Watkins buys Fuddlewuddle for her daughter and Simplicute Elephant for her niece. How much does she spend altogether?
- Mr Carberry buys Pink Elephant Plush. He pays with a £50 note. How much change does he receive?
- The toy shop sell five Jellycat Dancing Darcy toys. How much money do they receive for these five elephants?
- Jenny can’t choose between the Simplicute Elephant and the Pink Plush Elephant. How much cheaper is the Simplicute Elephant?
- If you could choose TWO of these toys, which two would you choose to buy?
- How much would these two toys cost altogether?
Depends upon answer to Q5.
- How much would it cost to buy ALL five toys?
- If the shopkeeper gives you a 10 per cent discount if you buy all five, how much would that discount amount to?
- What would be the total cost of all five toys if you were given a ten per cent discount?