As Skyswood was built in 1960, and yesterday celebrated its 60th birthday, I have decided to set this week’s quiz on the topic of The Sixties. Good luck. I will post the answers on Monday.
- Dr Who was first screened in the early sixties. Who played the part of the very first Doctor?
- 2. Geoff Hurst famously scored a hat-trick when England won the World Cup in 1966, but who scored the other goal in England’s 4-2 victory over West Germany?
- 3. The first moon landing was on July 20th 1969. How long did it take Apollo 11 to get to the moon?
- 4. Just two days before the moon landing, something important was delivered to Skyswood. What was that?
- 5. The Beatles first came to fame in the 1960s. What was the name of their first Number One hit in the UK, which reached Number One in May 1963?
- 6. Who gave one of the most powerful speeches in history on Skyswood’s third birthday, in 1963?
- 7. The first James Bond film was released in 1962. What was it called?
- 8. Which famous Pop Artist painted Marilyn Monroe in the early sixties?
- 9.A sixties riddle:
I wasn’t there until 1965
I was introduced to keep people alive,
I was seventy then and I’m seventy still
And if I get broken you could foot the bill!
What am I?
- 10.Roald Dahl published his first children’s book in 1961. What was the title of this book?
- 11. Harold MacMillan was Britain’s Prime Minister at the start of the Sixties, but who was Britain’s Prime Minister at the end of the Sixties?
- 12. Donald Campbell broke the land speed record in 1964, recording a speed of 429 miles per hour. What was the name of the gas turbine powered vehicle that he broke this record in?