Well done to Lara, Hamish, Carmel, Tabitha, Ariella and Laura, who have each completed three fabulous dishes for our Savoury Master Chef Competition. Here are this week’s recipes. Next week is the final!
Laura’s leek and salmon lasagne
Ingredients: 2 tbsp Olive oil, 400g of trimmed and finely chopped leeks, 150g of frozen chopped spinach, 10g of fresh dill, 300ml of half-fat creme fraiche, 150g of Boursin soft garlic cheese, 100ml of hot chicken stock, 250-300g of fresh lasagne sheets, 400g of skinned and thinly sliced raw salmon fillet, 125g of ball mozzarella cheese.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the leeks for 5 minutes until softened. Add the frozen spinach and melt it down with the leeks, then add the chopped dill and stir. Season and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, gently whisk together the creme fraiche, boursin and stock until combined and smooth.
4. In an ovenproof dish assemble the lasagne in your dish and finish with a couple of spoons of sauce. Tear the mozzarella over the top.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until bubbling and golden on top. Rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
BBQ Burgers, Couscous and Pesto (Hamish Style)
Pepper and paprika
Carrots & sweetcorn
½ red onion
30g toasted pine nuts
300ml vegetable stock
50g pine nuts
Garlic clove (crushed)
Salt & pepper
50m olive oil
50g Parmesan cheese
½ lemon (juice)
For the burgers…
Chop onion finely in food processor.
Add mince, breadcrumbs and seasoning. Blitz!
Add egg. Blitz until well combined.
Leave covered in the fridge for 2 hours.
Divide into 6 patties.
BBQ and serve with couscous.
For the couscous…
carrots into small pieces and boil for 10 minutes.
chop onion and fry for 5 minutes.
stock to couscous. Cover for 5 minutes.
cherry tomatoes and add to couscous.
veg. Fork through.
3-4 tbsp pesto.
pine nuts and fresh basil.
For the pesto…
pine nuts (include some extra to add to couscous).
basil, garlic, salt and pepper into a food processor. Blitz.
Warning: Use of undefined constant _e - assumed '_e' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/skyswood.herts.sch.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/LondonLive/footer.php on line 75
Supported by monkehWorks