One of our chickens, Cookie, has unfortunately had to spend the last two days at the vets. Cookie was having difficulty swallowing food due to a build up of food, which is a relatively common problem for chickens. She needed liquid paraffin! Apparently there is a danger of the food fermenting and the alcohol would then quite literally result in a ‘drunk’ chicken. Luckily we caught it just in time and Cookie is now happily re-united with the other three chickens and eating without any difficulty!